Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Right Where I Wanna Be

So I had my 24 week appt with the OBGYN this past week. I am up 10 lbs total for the pregnancy. I am trying to only gain another 10 to 15 max. My doc said that 45 min of cardio is just fine and he prefers me to be working out and eating healthy opposed to eating everything I want and gaining unnecessary weight. He said he doesn't understand why we think its ok to eat all this junk food and gain a lot of weight. He said its not healthy not being pregnant so what would make it healthy being pregnant? That made me feel much butter about my weight obsession being pregnant. Of course I want my baby to be healthy and to be healthy myself. Which is why I am trying to not go overboard. I freaked out 2 weeks ago because I hadn't gained any weight. So last week I didn't workout at all and ate fattening foods. I gained 2 lbs in one week. My doc said not good. So I am going to continue working out and eating healthy. I am right where I want to be.
On another note: we are slowly getting ready for this baby to come. We have to put Porter in a big boy bed (No, I am not going to put him in a tacky toddlers bed, this bed will be his until he is a teenager). We will make the transition right before Nora is born so that Porter doesn't feel like he is being pushed aside when we move the baby into his crib and him into his new bed. So today I went and bought bedding for his big boy bed... and no I don't like little kid bedding either. I think its tacky and yeah... I guess I am a mean mom :( I just think ahead of time. Skip the tacky kiddish stuff he'll only like for a year or so before he becomes interested in other stuff like going from liking dump trucks at age 2 to wanting to be an action hero at age 3. So I will buy him the toys but the bedding remains neutral...I don't know why I am defending myself... lol. every parent raises their child differently. That is how I was raised my mom didn't like the barbie bedding or princess bedding so I got normal bedding and then toys to play with. I never knew the difference. I wasn't into all the new kids on the block bedding of all my friends and cousins. But I did have this hiddeous pink shag carpet and matching pink bedding in my room... which is probably why I despise the color pink now lol. Anyway so here is a pic of the bedding I got Porter today from the Village Quilt Shop (I love that place!!). Even though we haven't bought a mattress or bed yet ;)
I think I will buy a brown duvet cover with either blue or green sheets. Not sure yet. The quilt is the same fabric as the blue standard sham in the pic. So there you have it ;)

6 comments:

  1. I totally believe in listening to your body and your gut instinct, so I support everything you stand behind with your body and your family, etc because no one will know more what is better for you and them then YOU will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am glad everything is going well with the pregnancy. You are sweet, but I am one of the ones that eats everything I can and should watch myself more when I am pregnant. Thanks for the advice,...guess I will try it next time. A little late now :) That is so fun that you are having a girl, I love the name you picked out. Oh, and I think the fondue set came from Bed Bath and Beyond (We got it for our wedding, but I think I have seen them there). AND I want to say I totally agree with your point about the bedding and stuff being neutral. I am glad that there is someone else who thinks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedding is amazing! You have good taste. You are an inspiration to me. I need to work out... Most woman gain insane amounts of weight when they are pregnant! Yikes!!! You always look fabulous. you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To above commenter - Insane amounts of weight? Really? That might be true for some, but certainly not most.

    I guess I am tacky! We are getting Ky a toddler bed and he gets to pick out his bedding, because for me that's what makes it fun and childhood is so short! I want him to just love his room, I remember LOVING my Rainbow Brite bedding! :) To each their own for sure, but I don't know if I want to be called tacky! Maybe just be careful how you word it? Because I'm not!

    I too, love Village Quilt Shop and Porter's bedding is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me clear this up. I am not calling anyone tacky. Just the style to me is not my thing and to me is tacky. Its a waste of money to me to buy the little kid things when they will change in a year anyway. I plan ahead as I said in my blog post. So no offense to those that do buy their children those things. As I said in my post again. Every parent is different and we see and do things differently. Sorry if I offended anyone. Those are just my opinions. As are the comments others have made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol oh megan...you look great! i think i was right where you are in weight at 24 weeks...i gained 25 ibs total and they like you to gain 20-30 so you are totally on track! :) and i am sure your kiddos room will be fabulous because you wouldn't do anything less...and im with you on the nuetral...i am the same way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.