So week 23 of the pregnancy is upon me (on Saturday to be precise). And I have not gained any weight since my doctors visit two weeks ago. Shouldn't I be gaining on average a pound a week now? I am up eight pounds from the beginning of my pregnancy. I do a 45 minute cardio workout every day and try to eat as healthy as I can with a little splurge here and there.
For any of you moms... have you gone weeks without gaining any weight in your pregnancy? Except for in the beginning weeks of course... I didn't start gaining weight this time til week 17. But anyway... after the first trimester... was there ever weeks where you didn't gain any weight? With Porter after the first trimester my weight went through the roof with every doctors visit. I think I gained almost 40 lbs with Porter. So not gaining anything worries me, not even a pound.
Maybe I should just not worry I guess.... continue to workout and eat healthy and then wait and see what my doc says. I just want the baby to be healthy and be healthy myself. I am a freak when it comes to my weight... but if anything goes wrong with this baby cause I was so weight conscious this pregnancy I will never forgive myself.
Someone tell me I will be fine and its normal to not gain weight!!!!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank You for Visiting
Come Again Soon!
| Sponsored by the real estate web design web page. |
Your body needs to gain weight! Around 25 pounds is the recommendation. I worked out (reasonably - I cut my workout on the elliptical to 30 min.) with my 2nd and had actually lost 2 pounds at one appt. Yeah... not good! Don't be a "freak" about your weight while your pregnant, it's not healthy! Working out is great, but be careful :) Weight can fluctuate 5 pounds in 1 day, so eh, it would drive me nuts to worry about it that much. Just relax and enjoy it, you'll be fine!
ReplyDeleteI agree, just relax. I have a friend that only gains like 15 lbs with all 3 of her pregnancies and all her kids are around 6-7 lbs at birth. Just keep doing what you are doing, eating right and staying active. Just don't over do it. Listen to your body and if it says "I'm Hungry" feed it!! Are you doing lots of Yoga? That is key to an easier birth - keep limber, girl!
ReplyDeleteHey my dear, I lost 23lbs with my last baby and yes she was early and only weighed 4lbs, but that was not due to my weight loss. I would not worry about not gaining weight and believe me I had plenty of reserve so I could lose weight, but do not starve yourself, and remember when you are pregnant it gives you permission to eat as you like within reason of course. I hope you are feeling well and doing well! Miss you guys at work.
ReplyDelete