Thursday, February 4, 2010

And We Shall Call Her.....

As you may have read in previous post that we have decided on changing the babies name from Sophie. Too many Sophie and Sophia's out there. And if you know me... I like being original. So the night we decided to change the name I was up all night trying to think of the perfect name. I finally gave up and thought... well when it comes to me it comes to me.... the next morning Kyle and I deliberated much on names that we liked... but nothing really stood out or seemed to fit...UNTIL
Kyle had already left to work and I was cleaning our house when just out of no where.... "Nora" hit me. I loved it instantly. We have yet to decide on the middle name... either Mae after Kyle's grandma or Lyn which we would shorten from Linda, Kyle's mother's name, or I have been thinking Margaret, after my great-grandmother. Either way we shall call her Nora. The name is still growing on Kyle. LOL. But I don't care. At first he said he liked it, but now says its growing on him... he likes Sophie so much (even though he didn't like it at first either) and can't part from the name, but so do millions of others who also have named their babies Sophie. I am over it and personally like the name Nora better. So anyway, that is what we shall call her ;)

4 comments:

  1. Like I've told you before, I love Nora. No offense but I think Nora Lyn sounds a little like VIOLIN. That's probably just me. And if you don't smash the name together like I did in my head 'noralyn' but say it as it should be - two seperate names - Nora (space) Lyn, it sounds good. I like Nora Mae Cross better though.

    But seriously, it only matters what YOU think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that name... so cute and original. Layla's middle name is Mae. We usually call her Mae... I actually think that should have been her name! :) So, obviously I think Mae is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um....LOVE IT!!!! I agree, Nora Mae is adorable, she'll be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh I LOVE that your hubby doesn't love it but thats her name!!! Casey and I got in the biggest fight about baby names the other night (no I am not prego) but he said he would change her name when he blessed her. I went NUTS I don't think he will say that again! ha ha And I bet the quilt you made for her is DARLING you are so artistic it makes me sick! I was just noticing that quilt you made for Porter is the same pattern I just made for my cousin (LOVE IT.) And I use Heat and Bond you can get it at Joanns I am telling you it is by far the best to use. Post her quilt I am sure it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.