Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What are the odds

So just yesterday I was meeting a few old friends for lunch down at California Pizza Kitchen. I was parking my car out on the street in a parking meter zone when a nice gentleman who was parked behind me began guiding me back to tell me how much further back I could go. Awfully nice of him, but it gets better. I get out of my car, get my son out of his car seat and start walking towards the meter to pay my dues. The nice gentleman asked me "Is your [Jeep] Liberty a diesel?" I said "Why yes, it is." He then mentioned that they are hard to come by these days as they don't make the diesel engines in Liberties anymore yada yada yada... Joking around I said "why, would you like to buy it?" He then exclaimed "YES!!" So I gave him my card and told him to call me that evening after I spoke to my husband. I started walking away and went off to lunch. While eating and enjoying the great time with my friends I realized I got so caught up that I FORGOT TO PUT COINS IN THE PARKING METER!!!!
Kyle was for sure going to kill me. Lunch, shopping and a parking ticket. But Kyle was actually ok with it. To make this long story short. Today, one day after this event, I sold my jeep. And it wasn't even for sale. Now what are the odds of that. This nice gentleman wired money to my bank account (the lady at his bank said I could trust him and he was just buying another toy... how would that be). And tomorrow morning after the funds have been transferred I am dropping off the jeep at his hotel (he is from out of town... nice souvenir he just purchased... kind of expensive too).
Oh and get this! He said he trusted me to bring him the jeep even after I receive his money because we are both LDS. Obviously he is not from around here, because that kind of trust does not go far. It should and its sad that it doesn't. No matter your religion I think its sad that that kind of trust is so easily taken advantage of these days. But anyways I can go on about that for days. This is just my story of how I sold my jeep when it wasn't even for sale and Kyle and I were just days away from rolling negative equity into another car when this man just purchased it and now we made money to put down on a car...
Now to find a car.....

This post is dedicated in memory of "Libby"
May 2006 - April 2010

2 comments:

  1. You are SOOOO lucky!! That is amazing!!!
    Do you want to ask the man if he wants a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse? ;) even though it is a piece of crap and he can drive it off a cliff after he buys it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you even IMAGINE having money to blow like that??? Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.