Debate #1: Baby Names
Ok, for months now I have been leaning more and more against naming baby number two Sophie. I LOVE the name, however its popularity has dramatically increased over this past year and especially the past few months. Kyle and I have been sticking to our guns on the name until the last straw, when my neighbors three year old niece told her to name her baby Sophie. If a three year old knows and loves that name then its popularity has exceeded its uniqueness and it must go. So Kyle and I have decided on a new name. We will not announce the name until the baby is born because names are names and either you love them or you hate them. I don't want to hear anyone's opinion on it. But the moment it came to mind, I fell in love with the name. As I did with the name Porter. So there you have it.
Debate #2: Epidural
With Porter I had an epidural. Loved it... while it lasted... it wore off just minutes before he was born and the anesthesiologist was in a c-section and couldn't get to me in time to load me back up... My contractions with Porter weren't bad. I was dilated at a six and and my contractions were between two and five minutes apart when I got to the hospital. They say contractions are painful after a 5. I have a pretty high pain tolerance... and they weren't bad at all. Plus when I got my epidural with Porter it slowed down my contractions and labor. The doc said I was ready to deliver when I got there. Then I got the epidural and finally 9 hours later Porter was born. So I am thinking this time I will take pain over time. The longer your labor the harder it is on your body and the longer it takes to recover. So I am thinking no epidural... but we'll see how bad this delivery is before I demand it ;)
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank You for Visiting
Come Again Soon!
| Sponsored by the real estate web design web page. |
You are a CRAZY person!!! But very admirable :)
ReplyDeleteYou know what? Go for it!! I think it's AWESOME that you want to. I got to an 8 1/2 with Gage but unfortunately was given way too much anti-nausea medicine and was SOOOOO out of it (couldn't even focus my eyes) that I got the epidural. I wish I hadn't. Next time :) Plus it was definitely easier the 2nd time around. I recommend taking a class though, a lot of helpful information.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for sticking to your guns about keeping the name quiet. I think that if you share the name with people, even if your friends don't use it, they may tell their friends about it, and it becomes insanely popular. Of course, I am totally curious what the name is. Like I said on facebook, there is a name I want to use and I am scared to death of it becoming popular.
ReplyDeleteI LOVED the names Dakota and Jackson when I was IN FOURTH GRADE (I know because I have them written down in journals from that age) but they are popular and I won't use them now.
However, if you really love Sophie screw everyone else!
As with the epidural... I am pro going natural if at all possible. You should watch the movie, THE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN. Totally interesting.
You must be strong cause I cannot imagine not having an epidural...but then again I'm a baby when it comes to pain :)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the name thing. It just makes you so mad...I can't wait to hear what your going to call her though.
I say if you can go with out the epidural Go For It! It's money off your bill and they say the recovery is much much better. One of my friends decided from the beginning that she was going to go natural and did the "Hypno Birthing" method. She loved it & said it literally took her to another place & she felt no pain. You can do it!!
ReplyDelete