Ok so recently, I have seen close friends and even family experience mishaps and just really going through trying times and facing great adversity in their lives. I have observed every situation closely and how they handle it. I am just a people watcher I guess. I am very intrigued by the human mind and how we react in situations. I am not posting this to judge or point fingers by any means. Just sharing thoughts. I have had friends and family members lose their jobs, lose loved ones and just some that are struggling with trials in their lives. So I thought that maybe I could share a quote that I noticed on my younger sister, Hailey's, bathroom mirror one day. The quote read, "Happiness is not just a feeling, its a choice." How true that is. Now after reading that, I reflected on the trials I have seen everyone going through, and even on how I have been reacting towards my own trials. Do we realize how much control we have over ourselves? No, we can't control the shit storms (pardon my french), but we can control how we let them affect us, can we not? Like my friend who lost her job. I am truly amazed at how positive she is, she may not realize it and she is still struggling a bit with it, but she has remained positive and happy. She is an inspiration to me. To others, losing a job may be the least of your worries, but who is to judge. Some would rather lose a job of course than feel the emotional pain of losing a loved one or what not. Some may think well that is nothing compared to what I am going through. But the truth is, we all have our trials, and they all TRY us to our very core. But I truly believe that if we keep in mind that we have control over how we react, then we will arise stronger and learn from everything we go through. Trials are ment to test our reaction, learn and grow from them. So if you become depressed and angry and feel self pitty then the shit storms will keep coming until we learn. How can we see clearly when all we see is ourselves? I find that the key to happiness is selflessness. If you search to serve others, take the focus off of yourself, you will find happiness and you will be blessed. I am a true believer in serving others. I truly am.
Now I don't want this blog to sound like I am pointing the finger or think that I am perfect and am just telling you what to do. This is something that I have taken upon myself to strive for and remember to do everytime I face adversity. I hope this thought can help someone else the way it has helped me. And again, sorry for the seriousness of this posting too. I am usually up for the fun stuff, but this was just a thought I wanted to share.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank You for Visiting
Come Again Soon!
| Sponsored by the real estate web design web page. |
I love this post. Thank YOU for being so inspirational and strong. You really are an amazing example to me. Maybe I am a downer because I like "serious" posts sometimes, because they are real, thought-provoking, and honest. Thanks for sharing your honesty with your fan-club-blog-followers.
ReplyDeleteLove this post, even with the "french" :) (of course, as the "most Mormon," I HAD to say that!) Anyway, I agree...I remember on my mission, I'd always have to say to myself (when investigators wouldn't show up to church, or when someone felt the spirit but didn't want to follow through with their feeling, etc. etc.) "you choose how you feel." That was my mantra. It's been a really good way to look at life! That's for sure! Thanks Meg--you're so... deep :)
ReplyDelete