Monday, March 2, 2009

Porter's Blessing....

Porter's blessing was this past Sunday. What an awesome blessing it was. It was Kyle's first blessing ever (with him being a convert). Well he has stood in on blessing or anointed the oil, but his first blessing he actually gave. It was really neat and he did a great job! I am so proud of him.

I wish I could be goofy in this post, but for me its of a more special nature. Kyle and I both bore our testimonies... I haven't heard his since his baptism almost four years ago! It was really neat. I love him so much. We are so blessed with our son and could not experience a greater joy and happiness in our lives. Porter means the world to us. We cannot come close to explaining the unconditional love we have for him!

So for all of my friends that couldn't make it to the blessing and for all of those who would like to hear it either way... Here is my testimony, I hope it will touch at least one person out there:

I have a testimony of the "fullness" of the gospel. I know that this is the true and everlasting church. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of the church, and that he sacrificed his life to bring restoration of the fullness of the gospel to the world. I know that Thomas Monson is a living prophet of the church today. I have a strong testimony of the atonement. I know that our savior suffered greatly and gave his own life so that we may live past our mortal deaths with him again in heaven. I am truly indebted to our Savior for all that he has done for me. I could never repay him. I will not let my ignorant mistakes in this life be in vein. I hold the atonement and the many blessings it brings close to my heart. I had once lived my life without the gospel and it was cold, and I never once came close to feeling true happiness and joy until I put it back in my life. If I could teach my son one thing here on earth it would be to know that it is ok to make mistakes. The atonement is meant for us to repent for our wrongs and to LEARN from them and progress in this life and move forward. OUr mistakes are what make us stronger. I want to teach him to pray, because there is so much he can learn and experience from his own prayers that I cannot even come close to giving him. Prayer brings us closer to our Lord. I know that he is there for us whenever we ask and even when we are too ashamed to ask he is always there by our side offering his love and comfort. I know this from personal experiences. I know that the Lord hears and truly answers prayers. Meeting my husband was an answered prayer. Because he was every type of man and husband and father that I prayed for. He has a big heart and is so kind and forgiving of my mistakes. I have a testimony of miracles. I have witnessed several great miracles in my life and know that the Lord will never cease to perform them. I know that no matter what our Lord loves us and is waiting for us to come to him. His arms are always open and is ready and willing to poor numerous blessings down upon us, for our spiritual and physical needs. I can never truly express my love and gratitude for our Lord and Savior. The Lord has given me life and I will endure to the end and seek him throughout my life and teach my son to follow. And last, I know that the Lord is the same yesterday, today, and forever. And he never changes, thus his work will never change as our church and the teachings of the gospel will never change. This is the true and everlasting gospel. I say these things in the name of the only begotten son, Jesus Christ, amen.

7 comments:

  1. Such a meaningful day for Porter & your family! You can never go wrong with bearing your testimony to people, even if its on a blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet. Thank you for having the guts to share your testimony! I really admire you for that and hope I can be more like you one day. Your family is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome, Megan. So nice to hear your testimony, I loved it!! Porter is the cutest...can't wait til we're in-laws haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Love you so much!! I really am so proud of you and think you have become such an amazing and beautiful woman. I am so dang proud to call you sister and friend. Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome little man! You have such a precious family, Meg, and a beautiful testimony. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats guys! We are so glad it turned out so special for you guys! He is absolutly adorable!! It looks like everything is going great!! So glad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! I am so happy you'll come with me!! I'll call you sometime in the next week or two and we can arrange our schedules. :) I am super duper excited.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.