Sunday, August 30, 2009

So Domesticated

Ten years ago, I would probably despise who I am today. Sad, but true. Active in the church, a mommy and most of all, Domesticated. I always wanted to be a career woman, work for a major advertisement firm in New York and have a corner office with a view. That all changed when I got this dyer urge to get married and have children about seven years ago. Now, I am happily married with a beautiful child and all I want to be is a great housewife and mother. Recently, I have picked up the traditional mormon mother trends from the 50's of making quilts. My neighbor and I have gotten in this together. I made one for Porter for Easter and I am now starting a huge 5x6 quilt for Christmas. I am very excited. I can just picture my husband, son and I snuggling under the quilt on Christmas Eve reading Christmas stories and snacking on gingerbread cookies and milk. I have also picked up selling scentsy. Yes, I know everyone does it. But when Kyle and I move out of state and possibly country (for his new job I cannot specify at this time until its official), it will be something I can take along with me and sell in uncharted territories. So I am really excited. Anyway, I will keep you posted on the quilt, the scentsy, and announce the new move when the time is right.

3 comments:

  1. Good for me, you made the change :) You are an AWESOME stay-at-home Mommy :) And Porter is the cutest little chunky monkey around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun ! I want to learn to quilt. I am curious to know where your moving to. So did he join the military? (I hope that won't ruin anything) No word on the house yet, I'll let you know if anything happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there for the buying of this pattern! Wahoo! It's going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.