Friday, December 2, 2011
Man Down!!!
OK, so serves me right on this one. The past month I have been working out doing crossfit. If you haven't heard of it, its basically a butt-kicking workout designed by personal trainers. They have locations all over the country. The workout consists of push-ups, pull-ups, burpees, single unders, double unders, squats, hang cleans, dead lifts, kettle bell workouts etc. It really kicks your butt. I got my sister to join and karma did me in. I always made fun of her cause I would kick her butt on all the workouts. It was like working out with a senior citizen I would joke around. But then one day while doing a set of burpees (the bane of my existence) I kinda tweaked my back, my sciatic nerve to be exact. Which is the same issue my sister has, and she isn't pregnant. I was just barely 30 weeks pregnant. The pain went away after a little bit so I headed to my other gym to get in a cardio workout. My back kinda ached after an hour on the elliptical. But the rest of the day it was fine. Then the following day I will regret being so stupid. I decided to rearrange my family room furniture all by myself. Given that the flooring is tile and not carpet I figured I could just push and slide the heavier furniture around.... not so much. After rearranging, I didn't like how it looked so when I started to move our TV stand my back gave way and the sciatic nerve sent pain from my lower back down my leg. So I am officially out of commission. I freaking HATE not being able to workout now. What am I going to do the rest of my pregnancy. Its hard to even pick my kids up and hold them now. Some moments in the day aren't bad and I still keep my house in order whether the pain is bad or not. But I can't believe I can't workout anymore. Serves me right I guess. :( Yesterday I was changing Nora's diaper on the floor and I went to stand up and the pain was so horrible I had to lay there until Kyle got home from his crossfit workout to help me up. I had ice on my back the rest of the night. I have never felt so useless and if you know me, one thing I dread and cannot stand is being a useless incapacitated person (kill me before I get old). But with my back out I don't render myself completely useless. I still take care of my kids, clean my house, do the day to day chores even if the pain is excruciating. I am a mother and things must get done.... I just wish I wasn't so stupid to put my back out. If I could have just been a normal person and taken it easy with a stupid injury and not tried to keep going I wouldn't be in this predicament. I was so desperate to get back to the gym that I even went to a quackdoctor (chiropractor). He is a major crossfit-er too it turns out. But he said being pregnant there is nothing much he can do adjustment wise to help the sciatic nerve. And he said if I continue doing crossfit with my injury then I can do severe damage to the nerve. So no more crossfit until after I deliver I guess... then its back to getting from fat to fit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank You for Visiting
Come Again Soon!
| Sponsored by the real estate web design web page. |
No comments:
Post a Comment