Saturday, September 24, 2011

He Rescued Me

I rarely wear my emotions out on my sleeve, if you know me, you only think you know me. I hate watching chick flicks. I despise them. Such fairy tale drama, prince charming la la la. But that is one thing you do know about me... what you don't know is why I hate chick flicks. I always thought that they were B.S. romance like that doesn't happen in real life... or does it?
This is a tribute to my prince charming. Our fairy tale is far from the story books and not like many others out there. Before I met my prince charming, I always dated guys thinking "This guy could be the one" or "This guy will treat me like a queen" and in the back of my mind I had a dark past that I knew they wouldn't accept. I was a wild and crazy girl. I did outrageous things to escape my reality. I wanted a fairy tale, but didn't think I deserved one. I dated so many guys who I thought I didn't deserve, but I finally realized, they didn't deserve me. So many of these guys knew of my "crazy days" and the wild one I was. And I guess they couldn't handle the stigma if they dated or married me. And you know, I am not bitter and I don't blame them. There is someone meant for everyone.
Just over six years ago, I met someone. Who was the exact opposite of me. And I mean the exact opposite. He was quiet and very reserved. Came from a traditional Presbyterian family. Never got into the drinking or drug scene. And (I hope he doesn't kill me for saying this) but had only kissed two girls his whole life. Me? Well I am outspoken, loud, and very honest. He says I am too honest sometimes. My family is LDS but I was not the good daughter.
So who would have thought (I sure didn't), that a guy like him would be in my league. I figured he would be like all the rest of the other guys and not accept me. But I dated him anyway. I couldn't resist his bashful charm. I figured I would charm him. Lead the ropes, and then when he really got to know me then that was that. Well I was wrong.
Here is my fairy tale and my tribute to truly the most amazing man in my life and in the world.
I remember sitting in the bishops office before we got married. I was having cold feet and wanted advise from my bishop. I was scared that the eternal relationship I was about to enter was more deserving to someone else than I. I will never forget what my bishop said to me. He said that generally when someone has cold feet he has them evaluate the relationship and see if it really is what they want. He doesn't want a marriage ending up in divorce. But he wanted to tell me one thing to consider. He said "I can see in Kyle's eyes that you are a priceless jewel to him. Irreplaceable. And it would crush him, if you ever let him know you have doubts.  So whatever you decide, come to that decision on your own. But don't drag him through the process." So, we sat down one night. My heart overwhelmed with emotion. He had already proposed a few weeks before, but I wanted him to know about my past and the kind of woman he was going to be married to. I sat him down and told him I had things I needed to get off my chest, things he should know. Tears filled my eyes and a huge weight was lifted off of my chest when he interrupted me. He said, "Megan, I don't want to know. Whatever you did in the past is the past, but it has made you into who you are today. And that is the woman I love."
My husband is truly the most amazing, selfless, loving man I know. He really loves me. And I am not an easy person to love. Though his personality is quiet and mine is strong. He sets me straight. He is my medium. I love him more than anything. And I only love him more with each passing day. I don't care if you think I am retarded for wanting to share this. But I needed to share it for myself. My husband rescued me. He is my prince charming. And my life wouldn't be life without him. I have two beautiful children with a third on the way. And I know that my life was meant to be shared with him. He deserves me... and I, well I deserve him.
Honey, if you ever read this, know that you are everything to me. You are the most incredible man I know. And I don't tell you that enough. But I will try my hardest to be everything you deserve and more. I love you. For time and all eternity. We were meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. I am about to cry!!!! I love this post. Thank you for sharing. You guys are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.