Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Surround Yourself

So these past few months I have been thinking deeply about my relationships with people. Some that need improvement and some that are great and some that need not exist at all. I think about what I bring into their lives as well as what they bring into mine. Do we try our hardest to be the best person, friend, daughter, sister, etc. that we can be. Are we selfless in our actions and do what we can to help others be the best they can. What do we bring to the relationship? Are we selfish or selfless? And better yet? What does that say about us?

"Tell me what company thou keepst, and I'll tell thee what thou art."
- Miguel de Cervantes (1547 - 1616) Spanish novelist

How we are as a person determines what we have to offer others. I strive to be the best wife, friend and family member I can be. To always be there for others. Sometimes I fall short, but I strive. As the holiday seasons are upon us, I can't help but to be in the spirit of thanksgiving and Christ. I am so grateful for the friends I have kept in my life and my family. More importantly, I am so grateful for my best friend, my husband, and for my son, whom I love unconditionally.
I just wanted to share these thoughts and hope that it will inspire those to think about what kind of friends they encircle themselves with and what kind of friend they are. This season is about helping and blessing the lives of others, as the best example (Christ) dedicated his life to doing. This season is being grateful and celebration of Christ's birth and remembering the example he set for us to follow.

"True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice."
- Samuel Johnston

Think about the friends you surround yourself with. Do they inspire you to be the best you can? Do you inspire them? Why weigh yourself down with those that only care for themselves and seek not for the best interest other than their own.
If you think you have nothing to give this holiday season (financially or what not to serve others) remember that the best and most priceless gift you can give is your friendship, which will last a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. beautifully said Megan. I am having a helluva day and will have to call you later about it. Ugh. I hate our ex job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.