Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stop and Think

So working in the hospital I am constantly surrounded by the sick and the dying... for some reason the thought of dying just barely crossed my mind. I thought of what I would do knowing that I was going to die... or what would go through my mind if I found out I had a terminal illness. The question that dwelled in my mind was what kind of legacy would I leave behind? Will the things I do now be a good reflections on my children? I started to think how important my actions, morals and goals are. They are not just apart of my everyday life but will continue through generations to come. Are my actions memorable? Reflecting on all of this made me realize that I need to stop and think about things that I do throughout my day. Am I filling my day with the good things in life, that will help me progress and develop to my fullest potential... so that I may leave a great legacy behind me, so that I will leave great memories for loved ones to hold on to?
In any case, my family will ALWAYS know how much I love them. Unconditionally. My son and husband most importantly. That is one thing I know they can hold on to.... that there was not a day that passed where they didn't feel and know my love for them.
So sorry this blog may be a bit on the depressing note... but have you ever stopped to think lately?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that is depressing at all. I think what IS depressing is living a depressing life, and alienating those who care and love you (not that you do that in the SLIGHTEST, I just pity those who do). I think it normal to think about what we are doing with the days we DO spend on earth.

    One day back in the good ol' customer care days, I remember talking to Jared Cullimore (remember him?) and he told me that his dad died. I didn't ask how, but the thought of losing a family member close to me, just made me ache. I remember saying out loud, "Every day I spend with them alive is one day closer to one of them dying". He told me I was morbid (ha, ha), and that I shouldn't think like that. Instead I just need to cherish every day that I DO get to spend with them alive. I try to think of that almost daily, because I have come to realize that the days we have and the opportunity to breath each day is a blessing and gift.

    Good post! Like I said, not depressing at all. It is good to reflect. You are awesome Megan, I just adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you think, that is for sure. It opens your eyes. I have been such a crab lately. And it made me think, "If I die my husband would probably be happy because he wouldn't have to deal with my crabbiness." LOL! It is hard to live life to the fullest day by day... but it stregthens you to do so.
    I liked this post. I to work in a hospital. I hear kids that have passed on... or sad incidents.. and you it makes you think, "Do I show my loved ones I love them everyday?? If I were to lose them would they feel loved?"
    It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conference always makes me stop and think... glad we have that twice a year!! (OK, now to put our thinking power to good use...think THIN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowy megs! so deep. you should speak up in gospel doctrine and teach us all a thing or two! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting

Come Again Soon!

Sponsored by the real estate web design web page.