
For all of you who know how impatient I am and how much of a perfectionist you wouldn't expect anything less of me when you know the story of THE GLIDER THAT STARTED IT ALL. Pretty sure I had my personal interior designer (my sister Shantel) order me a custom glider for Porter's nursery. Well knowing how long custom gliders take to order I made sure she ordered it months before Porter was due. Well... weeks came and went and I grew impatient waiting for the glider. You must know this one simple piece of furniture was very crucial to the completion of the nursery. Porter could not come before this glider was delivered. Well as Porter's due date drew near I became frantic that my glider was not going to arrive in time. I harassed my sister day and night... my hormones drove me to a level of insanity I never want to reach again. Finally, after much confusion with the delivery company my glider was on its way two weeks before Porter was due. Finally, on Nov. 26th my sister, I mean my personal designer, called me to inform me that THE glider had arrived!! Note: This was just two hours after my doctor's visit that day and contractions were almost on top of each other. I gathered my moving posse together and we went to my house to place this beautiful masterpiece in the perfect place I had reserved for it. I was determined to get this glider home before porter came. After leaving my house I had noticed that my contractions were getting weak so I scurried over to my mothers and jumped on her elliptical and went hardcore for 20 min until my contractions were two min apart and I could barely stand... Porter was delivered 8 hours later at 3:36 am. What a beautiful moment and I wouldn't let Porter come til this glider was safe at home :) So I want to thank my Designer, Shantel Reitz, for the beautiful custom glider she designed and for getting it here right on time! Thanks Shantel!!!
Megs, You are such a dork! And yes, for all those who read this and think that perhaps Megan is exaggerating about the glider story, she actually under-played it quite a bit... Glider in nursery, safe and sound. Would we have had it any other way??
ReplyDeleteLOL. That is right :) I'm just a little obsessive that way what can I say
ReplyDeleteHaha!! That's funny! I can totally see it....right before the baby comes, you seriously go CRAZY with the whole nesting thing!! My glider isn't done, but at least it's close now! :) We shall see.... Being married to Jordan really gives me no other option--he is a master procrastinator! (and extremely busy, actually)
ReplyDeletePhew, things always happen at the right time.. especially a new baby delivery! Very cute blog!
ReplyDeleteyou are too cute! love your blog! and Porter is adorable! would expect nothing less from you though my dear! Congrats so much on your little family...we still need to come by and see your little one...and YOU!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! I can't even begin to think how a room would turn out if I tried to decorate, it would be scary! You're awesome! I miss you too!
ReplyDeletemy old room looks stylin'! ;) love it!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! That looks like the comfiest glider I've ever seen. I want one!
ReplyDeleteHi Megan! Your little boy is so cute. Don't you just love being a mom? I love the way you decorated his nursery, super cute.
ReplyDeleteWahoo! Welcome to the blogging world. I am so excited to stalk you now, ha, ha. :) Porter is a doll.
ReplyDeleteConner's glider/rocking chair was so freaking expensive but I HAD TO HAVE IT. We spend so much time in it, reading and cuddling. It was a great purchase. Probably shouldn't have spent the money but owell
ReplyDelete